Chicago Flights for Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX)

Spotlight

ZULU: KJFK: KORD: KLAX:

Chicago Flights: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Message Author
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:46 am  

Now this is intersting! KCGX has been redone and the folks at Flyscenery have sent this out to the public for FREE! Very Happy

It looks impressive and it offers two different scenery packages. One of them is the 1999 scenery, and the 2003 scenery. The 2003 scenery allows you to view the torn up runway (which reminds me on how much I dislike Richard Michael Daley Evil or Very Mad ....)

Anyways there are some pictures posted on the site and you can view these on the link below.

And you can get this from the Flyscenery website HERE....

Last edited by iheart707 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:03 pm; edited 2 times in total 
iheart707

Certified Flight Instructor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:45 pm  

This scenery was made for FS2004 rather than FSX. Results according to the website are not guaranteed. I have yet to try to install it and make it work in FSX, but when I do, I'll post back here.

iheart707

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:45 pm  

After working on getting the files into FSX, I loaded FSX and added the area. Then expecting the best, it turned out to be somewhat depressing.... Crying or Very sad
This is indeed for FS2004 - Not FSX.

I'll list some of the major problems I had.

1. No clear way to install, and FSX had a hard time seeing that the scenery was imported.

2. The 1998 scenery was good, but the textures did not align themselves to the water polygons that were there

3. What I believe to be missing is a .cvx file telling the sim how to level / change the terrain. This might have been done but only for FS2004. (I did not see if it was for sure the file was in there)

4. There were still bushes, trees, and other random autogen still left on the runway

5. The actual extension out to the Planetarium was not aligned with the stock scenery, and Aerosoft's US City X - Chicago add-on. Other third party software was not tested. Your results may differ...

6. The good news is that this is all fixable, but we will have to see if the package is going to come out with the fixes (which shouldn't be all that hard to do.... Very Happy ) That just takes time.... Sad

iheart707

View next topic
View previous topic