Chicago Flights for Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX)

Spotlight

ZULU: KJFK: KORD: KLAX:

Chicago Flights: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Message Author
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:05 am  

Hi. I don't seem to be able to upload a picture using the chicagoflightsfsx.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=upload page -- I keep being given a "Critical error ... Script called without the required parameter(s)" message. However, I've filled in all the fields and ensured the picture is a jpg less than 10000 KB. Sorry in advance if there's something else I should've done.

Syz

(Sorry also if this is the wrong place to post this!)

Syzmygon

Powered Parachute Pilot
Powered Parachute Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:14 am  

I moved it into Techinical Support that was outside of FSX. I'll pass this along to Sven when I get back in town from my 4th of july vacation. However I do believe he is aware of the issue, but might have other things that he was working on. A simple oversight I'm sure. I'll let him know, thanks!

iheart707

Certified Flight Instructor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:05 pm  

Syzmygon wrote:
Hi. I don't seem to be able to upload a picture using the chicagoflightsfsx.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=upload page -- I keep being given a "Critical error ... Script called without the required parameter(s)" message. However, I've filled in all the fields and ensured the picture is a jpg less than 10000 KB. Sorry in advance if there's something else I should've done.

Syz

(Sorry also if this is the wrong place to post this!)

iheart707 wrote:
I moved it into Techinical Support that was outside of FSX. I'll pass this along to Sven when I get back in town from my 4th of july vacation. However I do believe he is aware of the issue, but might have other things that he was working on. A simple oversight I'm sure. I'll let him know, thanks!

Yes this is an issue with the "Coppermine for CMS" module that is used. The original creators of the module have abbandoned the project and no one has picked it back up. Apparently it is still an issue with the most current stand-alone version as well. These developers are real jerks, so I won't even bother trying to add that. It also offers no support for phpNuke or CMS based websites.

When I switched over from a Windows IIS7 Server to Linux, I thought that it would cure some of the not-working features of the site. It helped a bit, but still is not fixed. I can't see wasting my time to re-code the known issues, as this is a fairly old CMS (Content Management System) site. I am looking for a newer system to replace this current one with, but it will still be quite a bit before that is in place. I have to find one I like, then test it, get the Chicago Flights look back and then transfer it; it is quite a chore to get complete. Shocked

As of now, the best thing that you can do is let me know when you have a picture you want to add. If you want to add more than 5, I will PM you with a username and password so you can FTP them to the folder. I can then add them to the "Flight Gallery" with a batch add, and you can then configure them through your account.

Sven2157
*******************************************************************************************************************

Sven2157

Chicago Flights™ Admin
Chicago Flights™ Admin

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote

View next topic
View previous topic