Chicago Flights for Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX)

Spotlight

ZULU: KJFK: KORD: KLAX:

Chicago Flights: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Message Author
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:45 am  

So you want to control the skies, huh?

Well, great! Just fill out this short Application and we'll do our best to get you in the Tower as fast as we can!

YOU MUST BE APPROVED BEFORE GETTING INTO THE TOWER!

Please reply to this post with the following:
PLEASE NOTE: Some of the questions below, are only meant to gauge your level of knowledge, and will not harm your chance of being accepted; if you don't know, answer honestly!

1. - Age:
    2. - Name (First will do):
    3. - Gamespy ID/Tail Number:
    4. - Preferred Airport:
    5. - Prior ATC X-perience:
    6. - Do you have a Microphone? (Yes/No):
    7. - Can you read and understand SID/STAR/IAP Charts/Plates?
    8. - Do you understand and know Airspace?
    9. - Do you know the difference between the different Waypoints (Terminal, Reporting, etc, etc)?
    10. - Do you know and understand Airways?
    11. - Can you read a Flight Plan as filed by the pilots?
    12. - Are you a real world pilot/controller?
    13. - How long have you been a virtual pilot with MSFlightSim?
    14. - Have you ever participated in an online multiplayer session with active controllers? (Gamespy, VATSIM) Please explain.
    15. - Have you ever monitored real world atc communications? Please explain.
    16. - Have you ever been a controller in FSX? If so, where and how long have you run ATC?

By replying to this post, you agree to follow all rules, guidelines, and proceedures set forth by Chicago Flights™ Administration and ATC staff.

Once you have submitted this application, please click the "User Groups" button above and request to join the "CF Controllers Group"

That is it! Good Luck and Welcome!

YOU MUST BE APPROVED BEFORE GETTING INTO THE TOWER!

UPON APPROVAL, YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED, VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE (PM), AND ENTERED INTO OUR CONTROLLERS GROUP!

Sven2157
*******************************************************************************************************************

Last edited by Sven2157 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Sven2157

Chicago Flights™ Admin
Chicago Flights™ Admin

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:46 pm  

Does this mean that previously certified persons to run ATC are no longer aloud? And what new software are we using? Here is my app.

1. - Age:

Michael

Michael427 / CFX427

4. - Preferred Airport:
KORD, most of my flights are out of KDEN though

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes, will need to refresh memory

9. - Do you know the difference between the different Waypoints (Terminal, Reporting, etc, etc)?
No (willing to learn)

Enough to fly them and guide aircraft to them

Yes

No

13. - How long have you been a virtual pilot with MSFlightSim? MSFS 2004, online since FSX

14. - Have you ever participated in an online multiplayer session with active controllers? (Gamespy, VATSIM) Please explain.
Yes, Gamespy, out of KORD before going to the VA

Yes, online and personal scanner

16. - Have you ever been a controller in FSX? If so, where and how long have you run ATC?
Yes, in KORD. Useually around 2-3 hours at a time. Only ran it for 20-30 days before joining VA.

Michael427

Stewardess
Stewardess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:33 pm  

Welcome aboard Michael!

Please be sure to Register for the CF Controllers Group, by clicking on the "User Groups" button above, selecting the group and then click join (you may as well do that for the VA, as I have spent most of the day cleaning up the website, and making room for new and better things...).

Sven2157
*******************************************************************************************************************

Sven2157

Chicago Flights™ Admin
Chicago Flights™ Admin

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:40 pm  

1. - Age:
Nick
NRA577/CFX577
4. - Preferred Airport:
KDTW or KORD
Not much, trained a little with Sven and Prophecy learned the basics. Have done limited ATC in KORD
Yes
Yes
Yes
No, but with some research i will
Yes
Yes
No
11 months and around a week, about 1 year
Yes, whenever there is ATC in KORD on Chicago Flights server
Yes, LiveATC
Not really no, maybe a total of 5 minutes

NRA577

NRA577

Stewardess
Stewardess

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:52 am  

Welcome (back) Aboard!

Please be sure to visit FSOpen to sign up and download the latest version of Flight Strips.

If you have any questions, let me know.... Wink

Sven2157

Sven2157

Chicago Flights™ Admin
Chicago Flights™ Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:10 pm  

1:Age:20
2:Name:Morgan
3:Gamespy ID/Tail Number:Captainmoliver
4. - Preferred Airport: KMDW
5. - Prior ATC X-perience: 2 years
6. - Do you have a Microphone? (Yes/No): Yes
7. - Can you read and understand SID/STAR/IAP Charts/Plates? Yes
8. - Do you understand and know Airspace? Yes
9. - Do you know the difference between the different Waypoints (Terminal, Reporting, etc, etc)? Yes
10. - Do you know and understand Airways? Yes
11. - Can you read a Flight Plan as filed by the pilots? Yes
12. - Are you a real world pilot/controller? 3-Pilot 1-Tower Ctrl
13. - How long have you been a virtual pilot with MSFlightSim 12years
14. - Have you ever participated in an online multiplayer session with active controllers? (Gamespy, VATSIM) Please explain. Yes For many Hours on hand and very expereanced with many reg and commercial jets and airportts
15. - Have you ever monitored real world atc communications? Please explain. Yes at CHS
16. - Have you ever been a controller in FSX? If so, where and how long have you run ATC?Yes on a day to day basis for long hours and about 2 years at most

captainmoliver

Stewardess
Stewardess

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:57 pm  

Hello Morgan!

Welcome to Chicago Flights™ Controllers! Please make sure that you have read the Chicago Flights Controller Structure, have applied for the Controllers Group and download Flight Strips from FSOpen.co.uk. You have to register with FSOpen, in order to create an account, but registration is free; it can take up to 24 hours to have your account setup though.

Once that has been finished, a new forum section will be available to you with more information; including TeamSpeak login and IP information. Once you have the required software and TeamSpeak installed, we can talk a bit more about Controlling on the server.

Again Welcome and if you have any questions or problems, let me know, and I will help you sort them out! Wink

Sven2157

Sven2157

Chicago Flights™ Admin
Chicago Flights™ Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:44 pm  

1. - Age:
Wyatt
SVA@FSX
4. - Preferred Airport:
KJFK or KORD
Yes
Yes
I'm not sure what that is?!
Yes
No, but I can learn.
Yes
Yes
No
About 2 YEARS
Yes, I have flown and hosted ATC sessions
Yes, LiveATC
Yes. KLAX, KDAL, KSFO, KJFK, KBOS About 1 Hour at the most.

And I have Flight Assistant, Flight Strips, and Server installed already! Smile

savantvirtual.co.cc 
wsava

Stewardess
Stewardess

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:30 pm  

Welcome aboard Wyatt!

Sorry for the delay in my response. I do have one concern, and that is your age. You are currently 12 years old?

Before I add you to the ATC list I would need a consent/waiver form, from you parents. Would this be possible?

You may wonder why, but we utilize TeamSpeak3 and are all 25 years old and older. For you to be in TS with us, even for some ATC meetings, I would still need your parents "OK", before allowing it. Small hiccup...

Let me know...

BTW, good job on installing the software!

Sven2157

Sven2157

Chicago Flights™ Admin
Chicago Flights™ Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:48 pm  

1. - Age: 15
2. - Name (First will do): Johnny
3. - Gamespy ID/Tail Number: Johnny7378
4. - Preferred Airport: KORD
6. - Do you have a Microphone? (Yes/No): Yes
7. - Can you read and understand SID/STAR/IAP Charts/Plates? Yes
8. - Do you understand and know Airspace? Yes
9. - Do you know the difference between the different Waypoints (Terminal, Reporting, etc, etc)? Yes, I use airnav
10. - Do you know and understand Airways? Yes
11. - Can you read a Flight Plan as filed by the pilots? Yes
12. - Are you a real world pilot/controller? No, want to be.
13. - How long have you been a virtual pilot with MSFlightSim? Since I was about 11
14. - Have you ever participated in an online multiplayer session with active controllers? (Gamespy, VATSIM) Please explain. Yes i have been a pilot and a controller many times
15. - Have you ever monitored real world atc communications? Please explain. Yes I monitor newark liberty intl bcause it is close to me in Ny.
16. - Have you ever been a controller in FSX? If so, where and how long have you run ATC? Yes, KORD, KJFK, KMCO, KLGA and for a few hours at a time,

johnny7378

Stewardess
Stewardess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:55 pm  

Hello Johnny7378!

Welcome to Chicago Flights™ Controllers! Please make sure that you have read the Chicago Flights Controller Structure, have applied for the Controllers Group and download Flight Strips from FSOpen.co.uk. You have to register with FSOpen, in order to create an account, but registration is free; it can take up to 24 hours to have your account setup though.

Once that has been finished, a new forum section will be available to you with more information; including TeamSpeak login and IP information. Once you have the required software and TeamSpeak installed, we can talk a bit more about Controlling on the server.

Again Welcome and if you have any questions or problems, let me know, and I will help you sort them out! Wink

Sven2157

Sven2157

Chicago Flights™ Admin
Chicago Flights™ Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:46 am  

1. - Age: 14
2. - Name (First will do): Johnatan
3. - Gamespy ID/Tail Number: johnatan1311
4. - Preferred Airport: KLAX
5. - Prior ATC X-perience: yes
6. - Do you have a Microphone? (Yes/No): yes
7. - Can you read and understand SID/STAR/IAP Charts/Plates? no but I know to rest and I am really good
8. - Do you understand and know Airspace? yes
9. - Do you know the difference between the different Waypoints (Terminal, Reporting, etc, etc)? I am in the middle of learning this
10. - Do you know and understand Airways? yes
11. - Can you read a Flight Plan as filed by the pilots? yes
12. - Are you a real world pilot/controller? no
13. - How long have you been a virtual pilot with MSFlightSim? dont know what you mean but I have this game 2 year and I am good
YES, I have been ATC before and flown and hosted sessions and I am very good at boeing 737-800
15. - Have you ever monitored real world atc communications? Please explain. Yes, I have this app for the iphone called LIVE ATC
16. - Have you ever been a controller in FSX? If so, where and how long have you run ATC? yes, about 1:30 and very good at KLAX KSFO, and las vegas

johnatan1311

Stewardess
Stewardess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:51 pm  

1. - Age: 16
2. - Name (First will do): Evan
3. - Gamespy ID/Tail Number: themanwhoflew
4. - Preferred Airport: Chicago or detroit metro
5. - Prior ATC X-perience: some on a few personal servers
7. - Can you read and understand SID/STAR/IAP Charts/Plates? very little
9. - Do you know the difference between the different Waypoints (Terminal, Reporting, etc, etc)? yes
10. - Do you know and understand Airways? some
13. - How long have you been a virtual pilot with MSFlightSim? year and a half
14. - Have you ever participated in an online multiplayer session with active controllers? (Gamespy, VATSIM) Please explain. yes, i have played on many servers with atc's, and i have worked well with them
15. - Have you ever monitored real world atc communications? Please explain. no
16. - Have you ever been a controller in FSX? If so, where and how long have you run ATC? i have very few times, but it seems fun

bboy2012

Stewardess
Stewardess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:27 pm  

1. - Age: 14
2. - Name (First will do): Johnatan
3. - Gamespy ID/Tail Number: johnatan1311
4. - Preferred Airport: KLAX
5. - Prior ATC X-perience: yes
7. - Can you read and understand SID/STAR/IAP Charts/Plates? no but I know to rest and I am really good
9. - Do you know the difference between the different Waypoints (Terminal, Reporting, etc, etc)? I am in the middle of learning this
10. - Do you know and understand Airways? yes
13. - How long have you been a virtual pilot with MSFlightSim? dont know what you mean but I have this game 2 year and I am good
YES, I have been ATC before and flown and hosted sessions and I am very good at boeing 737-800
15. - Have you ever monitored real world atc communications? Please explain. Yes, I have this app for the iphone called LIVE ATC
16. - Have you ever been a controller in FSX? If so, where and how long have you run ATC? yes, about 1:30 and very good at KLAX KSFO, and las vegas[/quote]

johnatan1311

Stewardess
Stewardess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:33 pm  

1. - Age:

Chris

bluewaveck77

4. - Preferred Airport:
KORD/PHNL
Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes, might need a refresher
No

for the most part
Yes

No

2, maybe 3 Years

Yes, I am a registered tower controller with another fsopen server called realfsx and control with other controllers all the time over there

A little, whenever flying in a plane sometimes they allow you, instead of inflight music, listen to the atc chatter

I freelance-controlled for a year or so and a couple of months ago got accepted to control over at real fsx website: www.realfsx.org

PS: I already have flightstrips and teamspeak 3

bluewaveck

Stewardess
Stewardess

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote

View next topic
View previous topic