Chicago Flights for Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX)

Spotlight

ZULU: KJFK: KORD: KLAX:

Chicago Flights: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Message Author
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:54 am  

Hello,

The controller side of Chicago Flights™ is being redone at the moment. The details and proceedures are still being worked out and you will be updated as it progresses. In order to promote a realistic and professional atmosphere, only trained controllers will be able to enter the tower and control traffic. If you are intrested in becoming a Chicago Flights™ certified traffic controller, please reply answering the following form. NOTE: This is not an application. The form is for us to speed up the process by knowing a few details. Thanks.

1. Are you a real world pilot/controller?
  2. How long have you been a virtual pilot with MSFlightSim?
  3. Have you ever participated in an online multiplayer session with active controllers? (Gamespy, VATSIM) Please explain.
  4. Have you ever monitored real world atc communications? Please explain.
  5. Have you ever been a controller in FSX? If so, where and how long have you run ATC?

By replying to this post, you agree to follow all rules, guidelines, and proceedures set forth by Chicago Flights™ Administration and ATC staff.

Slayer816

Last edited by Slayer816 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Slayer816

Chicago Flights™ Mod
Chicago Flights™ Mod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:18 pm  

Slayer816 wrote:

3. Have you ever participated in an online multiplayer session with active controllers? (Gamespy, VATSIM) Please explain.
  5. Have you ever been a controller in FSX? If so, where and how long have you run ATC?

1. No, but I sure wish! I have a lot of flight time, but not a license.
  2. Since the original Microsoft Flight Simulator, back in 1982.
  3. Yes, both Gamespy and VATSIM. As well as Chicago Flights™.
  4. Yes, I often listen to LiveATC.net. I have always had a fascination with every aspect of the aviation world. I can also read an airport map with no worries. I can read the basics of an IAP plate, and have a general understanding of both, SIDs and STARs. STARs are my worst, as SIDs are pretty straight forward with general directions.
  5. Yes, I have run ATC many times in the Chicago Flights™ Server since it began 4 years ago. I would classify myself as an intermediate controller. However I am always willing to learn more...

For everyone else that would like to format their response like mine, here is the way you do it:
Code:
[quote="Slayer816"][list=1]
[*]Are you a real world pilot/controller?
[*]How long have you been a virtual pilot with MSFlightSim?
[*]Have you ever participated in an online multiplayer session with active controllers? (Gamespy, VATSIM) Please explain.
[*]Have you ever monitored real world atc communications? Please explain.
[*]Have you ever been a controller in FSX? If so, where and how long have you run ATC?[/list][/quote]

[list=1][*]No, but I sure wish!  I have a lot of flight time, but not a license.
[*]Since the original Microsoft Flight Simulator, back in 1982.
[*]Yes, both Gamespy and VATSIM. As well as Chicago Flights™.
[*]Yes, I often listen to [url=http://liveatc.net]LiveATC.net[/url].  I have always had a fascination with every aspect of the aviation world.  I can also read an airport map with no worries.  I can read the basics of an IAP plate, and have a general understanding of both, SIDs and STARs.  STARs are my worst, as SIDs are pretty straight forward with general directions.
[*]Yes, I have run ATC many times in the Chicago Flights™ Server since it began 4 years ago.  I would classify myself as an intermediate controller.  However I am always willing to learn more...[/list]

Sven2157
*******************************************************************************************************************

Last edited by Sven2157 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Sven2157

Chicago Flights™ Admin
Chicago Flights™ Admin

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:26 pm  

1: I am not a real world pilot or controller
2: I have been a virtual pilot since 2002
3: I have been involved with the poop group virtual airline for a short period which included a semi pro controller
4: I have used a scanner several times at my local airport and often listen to liveatc.net
5: I was often a controller within poop groups server within gamespy, it stressed me out beyond belief as there were about 20 aircraft on at the same time all talking at the same time. I did OK to the point they made me a moderator.

I would like to know more about the pilots perspective rather than the controllers, this is because i have high stress levels!!

Look forward to it
Sy.

SyTheSoundman

Stewardess
Stewardess

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:00 pm  

1. I am a real world pilot
2. I have been a virtual pilot since 04.
3. Yes, Gamespy.
4. Yes when ever I taxi an aircraft or fly out of KATL.
5. No

Delta1793

Stewardess
Stewardess

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:24 am  

Slayer816 wrote:

1. No, but I do have some "hours" in real airplanes. Although I have never flown with a CFI to have them registered I am facinated with the whole system ATC included.
  2. Its been a while for me too. I can ownly recall being active on FS98 but I have come across FS95 and prior versions.
  3. Yes, Gamespy mostly but I was never able to get the whole VATSIM system working right on my computer. I currently do flights the majority of the time in Chicago Flights™.
  4. I am literally in the glidepath for runway 4R ILS at KMDW so I can see both the traffic flying over (plenty of aircraft) and pick them up on my scanner. I also have been up in KMDW's tower two times now and was able to see alot of the operations (they did not want to go into details) both from airspace control and ground handling.
  5. I usually tend to be an Aviation boy but I do from time to time work out of the tower. I usually would want to host a session for a few hours so a pilot can fly from the airport (usually in a local Chicagoland airport), to another one, and have services when they land. If I was to log all the time I had as an ATC It would have to be under 10 hours.

iheart707

Certified Flight Instructor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:16 pm  

Yos233 here,

1. No
2. 2009
3. BVATC, more than 250 hours under a controller. I want to do VATSIM but it wont connect.
4. I listen to LiveAtc and AtcLive frequently
5. I have run about 100 hours of ATC in free sesions. Mostly around Honolulu but pretty much any large airport in the US you care to call out. I have thourogh knowlege of SIDs and STARs.

Yos233

Sport Pilot
Sport Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:08 am  

1. No
2. 2004
3. Yes, i play multiplayer more thanfree flight or mission
4. I lissen to live ATC and visit my local airport
5. I have run ACT and lissed to ACT mulltiplayer, ran about 10hrs and will be running after this

i would love to be an ATC conntroler

N24339

Stewardess
Stewardess

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:37 pm  

1. No I am not.
2. 6 months now.
3. Yes, quite a few. I normally ask for the clearances and listen to the instructions.
4. Yes, in fact, one of my friends is a real life ATC in Birmingham.
5. Yes, a few times. I wouldn't say I'm very good, but that's why I'm applying for training. I am an ATC when no one else wants to be, and I normally do it for 2 hours each. In all, I have about 12+ hours as ATC.

Stewardess
Stewardess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:24 pm  

1. Yes, i am a real life private pilot with 91 hours of actual flight time. I am currently working towards my IFR rating
2. Since FS2004
3.Yes, have been flying on Vatsim for about 5 months
4. Yes, i listen to liveATc.net as well as training in the NY bravo environment. I have talked with every type of ATC except Bravo.
5. Ive Ran a few small towers, nothing much. However i have lots of knowlege of how the ATC works and the correct phrasologey

piloted

Stewardess
Stewardess

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:21 pm  

Decker G.

1. no I'm not but I am planing on becoming a commercial airline pilot.
2. I have been a virtual pilot for two and a half years.
3. I have participated in both Gamespy and VATSIM. I only go to sessions on gamespy if they have a controller. the same with VATSIM i will only fly to a controlled airport.
4. I listen to liveatc.net a lot, i have actually gotten the app on my ipod. I started listening to it becasue I was helping to control an airport in a gamespy session with a buddy of mine. It really helped me learn the phraseology and also the sequence that something such as clearance is given or take off clearance.
5. I rather spend my time in the tower than in a cockpit in gamespy. when i open my sessions I normally control at KSFO, other airports I have controlled at are KSLC, KATL, KBOS, KJFK and KMIA. The time i spent as a air traffic controller in the same session it upwards of two and a half hours. I am also in the ZLA (KLAX) ARTCC in VATIM I am still clearance delivery but i like that position quite a bit, even though in VATSIM I am only clearance I can handle any position. In gamespy I normally handle all the positions. I'm very serious when it comes to communication with the tower and i have taken a lot of time to learn to control.

deckerag

Stewardess
Stewardess

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Reply with quote
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:51 pm  

Pilot
    Since the 80's?
    No.
    Yes. I fly a lot in the KDEN, KCOS, KPUB Class B, C, and D airspace.
    No. But I've been working with controllers since 1976 when I learned to fly near KDCA and would like to try!

gatorjimord

Stewardess
Stewardess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:48 pm  

Are you a real world pilot/controller?
NO
How long have you been a virtual pilot with MSFlightSim?
More than 10 years
Have you ever participated in an online multiplayer session with active controllers? (Gamespy, VATSIM) Please explain. Many times. I have been directed by controllers ad also been one. And followed the instructions given to me, properly.
Have you ever monitored real world atc communications? Please explain. YEs I have listened to real world ATC via LiveATC.net and know what to say and how to respond and transmit to other aircraft.
Have you ever been a controller in FSX? If so, where and how long have you run ATC? Yes. I have been a controller for almost 5 years and have many charts of multiple airports to use to guide players in the right direction to the active runway.

shackman

Stewardess
Stewardess

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:17 pm  

1. I am a real world pilot, Commercial License, Multi engine endorsement, Group 1 IFR rating.
2. Virtual Pilot since before I started real world training back in 2010
3. I have been in sessions with ATC before, I mainly play on the FS-MP server.
4. I have been inside the Saskatoon International tower and the Springbank tower, have been in real world radio communication with multiple Canadian airports during real world flying and listened in on Los Angeles Intl, and Denver Intl via stream.
5. I have been a virtual controller on the FS-MP server on a casual basis, have done Ground, Tower, Arrival/Departure, and Center on a couple of occasions.

konakonata

Stewardess
Stewardess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:33 am  

EDIT: Content was not supportive of a relevant topic. Please choose an adequate forum before you post!

Thanks again, iheart707

rigocampos

Stewardess
Stewardess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:30 pm  

1.Are you a real world pilot/controller?
Used to be a U.S. Army Controller/15Q

2.How long have you been a virtual pilot with MSFlightSim?
Since FS2002

3.Have you ever participated in an online multiplayer session with active controllers? (Gamespy, VATSIM) Please explain.
Yes - Hosted FS sessions at a Controller, Joined Muti sessions with controllers

4.Have you ever monitored real world atc communications? Please explain.
Yes. was a controller

5.Have you ever been a controller in FSX? If so, where and how long have you run ATC?
Yes, since Flight Sim X Deluxe came out

MRReed88

Stewardess
Stewardess

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote

View next topic
View previous topic