Chicago Flights for Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX)

Spotlight

ZULU: KJFK: KORD: KLAX:

Chicago Flights: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Message Author
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:07 am  

Time to Get to Work...

I know I have posted before in the news that VA repaints were being made, but I have not followed up on the progress date. Many things came up with changes in school, home, and my family so I have not had as much time to work on detailed projects like repainting our fleet.

However, don’t think that I have given up on repainting the fleet. I am pleased to announce that I have nine detailed designs for our VA already laid out. Several other ideas are still coming to mind, so the final number will change. The sketches are currently so crude done, that it really is not worth looking at in its current state. But here’s a bit of good news. Once I finally finish the penciled templates, I can bring those into Photoshop and switch graphite strokes for a full spectrum of color.

As progress is being made, I will periodically update this post with snapshots of my headway. Eventually, as a VA, we will all take a vote on the designs. Then the one with the most votes will then become our VA colors!

All suggestions and tips are great. Positive or negative, it doesn’t really matter but please keep your commentary clean. Also if you think you could contribute a different design, please feel free to post your ideas here as well.

As a side note… this post is open to everyone. It is not a requirement that you are a current VA pilot for CFX.

iheart707

Certified Flight Instructor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:07 pm  

I have started to color and add some more detail to my drawings. Work is still being made, and the Photoshop work will be done once I am through finals week. Sad

iheart707

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:27 pm  

Phew! Finals are over!

Work can now resume! Here's some work done already on one of the 10 sketched out plans for the repaints.

More WIP pics will come very soon!

Last edited by iheart707 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:21 pm; edited 2 times in total 
iheart707

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:25 pm  

Here's a couple more....

This one features a white body, chrome underbelly, and blue stripes running down the side of the plane. The text itself would be the same color (most likely a dark blue of some sort).

I'm personally not too sure on this one on how I want to continue. I was thinking of a white body with alternating colors for the circles themselves.

Another way I was thinking was to make the body itself completely black with the bubbles outlined white. The lines themselves will be MUCH thicker, but it is hard to demonstrate in Autodesk.

This one is straight forward. Two stripes would be featured on the airplane both being the same color. The logos would be of the same color as well, but I'm unsure what would be a good choice.

Anyways, more will be posted soon; so check back for updates!

iheart707

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:15 pm  

Now Available as a Clickable Thumbnail...
Click it again in the new window to see it as an even bigger picture.

The text on this airplane would feature a strong; bold faced and blue lettering against a white body. The whole underbody of the airplane would be painted a color of reddish-orange. It might also be cool to see a larger and more solid stripe of golden or silver tint.

The skyline for Chicago would be featured on the tail. Buildings that naturally differ in size would become progressively smaller as the tail itself leads to the main part of the fuselage. The buildings themselves would then be outlined with the same color of the contrasting stripe used to separate the white from the orange/red paint on the fuselage.

The engines cowl would be of the same color as the underside of the fuselage. No fancy designs, but a simple solid coat.

iheart707

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:45 pm  

Still not catching my eye... but you have "stoked" my creative side... which is a bit apart of yours... Stand By....

Sven2157
*******************************************************************************************************************

Sven2157

Chicago Flights™ Admin
Chicago Flights™ Admin

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:38 pm  

I have two layouts. one with the blue low on the belly, and the other farther up the side.

N760PW

Stewardess
Stewardess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:47 am  

Here is a little better look I think on the CRJ-700.

N760PW

Stewardess
Stewardess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:51 pm  

Here's a new paint for all who are interested.

-The front of the airplane would be a brilliant white color, while a swooping curve would separate the yellow rear.

-The widget shape in the front of the plane would be colored, with either chrome, blue, red, or yellow.

-The tail would be covered in blue triangle shapes that have a slight curve (like they're blowing in the breeze). The parts on the tail that are not of a blue outline would be instead colored yellow.

-Engines would also have a curve that would follow the design and color style on the body of the airplane. White on top, yellow on the bottom.

-Not too sure on the logo though, currently it is a simple "CFX" print, with an arrow swooping through the letters.

iheart707

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:21 am  

I have a couple "blanks" for everyone to use. These are standard .PNG files, with 2 aircraft per image. They are quite large (3249px x 2347px). I have re-sized them for viewing here. I have kept the large format for ease of painting your designs on.

I HAVE CHANGED THE FORUM SETTINGS TO ACEPT ANY PICTURE SIZE! YOU CAN NOW SUBMIT YOUR CONCEPTIONS, AND THE SERVER WILL CREATE A THUMBNAIL EVERYONE CAN CLICK ON FOR FULL SIZE IMAGES!

Sven2157
*******************************************************************************************************************

Sven2157

Chicago Flights™ Admin
Chicago Flights™ Admin

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:54 am  

-What do you guys think of something like this?...

jojo747

Stewardess
Stewardess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:29 pm  

Starting Point

ProphecyUK

Stewardess
Stewardess

View next topic
View previous topic