Many customers have ordered neon signs from us but don’t know how to put them up. There are different options depending on what you need the sign for. This article will discuss common options for neon signs and explain how to install them.
There are four main ways to mount a sign.
- Mounting screws on walls (Drilling may be required).
- Hanging or suspending using wires. Drilling is unnecessary and can be done easily.
- A table is provided with support.
- Attaching to the surface by a 3M strip. No drilling is required.
These are some tips before you install.
How to mount a neon led sign using mounting screws
How to hang a neon led sign?
How do I make a neon led sign sit on a table?
How to fix the neon led sign temporarily for an event without drilling?
How to conceal neon sign wires
How do you operate a neon sign and control it with a remote?
TIPS FOR YOU BEFORE INSTALLATION.
1. If your sign is particularly large, get help from a friend.
2. Keep your sign in place and watch out for falls.
3. Place your sign somewhere safe to prevent scratching and damage.
4. You can now display your sign on an acrylic board, instead of carrying wires.
5. Only after installation, connect the sign to the electricity.
HOW TO INSTALL A NEON LED SIGN BY MOUNTING SCREWS?
Mounting screws, our default choice, is the most widely used option. It is ideal for mounting screws on surfaces such as walls or flower/grass backgrounds. The surface must be drillable. Mounting screws are required to secure your neon sign. Once it is installed, it can’t be moved around. Let’s say you need to move it one day.
1. MARK THE SPOT.
Place the neon sign against a wall. Use a pencil to mark the spot through the holes in the acrylic board.
2. DRILL HOLES IN THE WALL.
Make sure to drill holes at the marked spots. Please drill slowly, and steadily.
3. FIX THE SCREW NUT INTO THE WALL.
The wall anchor should be inserted into the holes. Next, drill the screw through to the hollow base and into the wall anchor.
4. CONNECT CREW CUP AND SCREW NUT TIGHTLY.
Install your neon sign by placing a cushion over the screw nut. Check that the holes in the acrylic board are aligned with the screws nut.
Connect the crew to the acrylic backboard with a cushion and then tighten the screw.
5. PLUG-IN & ENJOY THE NEON SIGN.
HOW DO YOU INSTALL A NEO-LED SIGN BY HANGING WIRE?
The hanging wires can be used to suspend a neon sign from an archway, front window, or door. Hanging wires can be installed easily by anyone, but we recommend hiring someone for larger sizes. Most importantly, it doesn’t require you to drill holes if not desired.
You can simply pass the wires over the holes on the acrylic board to hang your neon sign in any way you want.
HOW TO MAKE a NEON LED SIGN ON A TABLE?
A stand is needed to place the neon sign on a table so that it can be moved around easily. This option is perfect for bedroom tables or wedding reception tables. This is the easiest method to install neon signage. Just place your sign on a stand.
HOW TEMPORARILY TO FIX A NEONLED SIGN FOR A EVENT WITHOUT DILLING?
1. 3M STRIPS
3M strips can be used to attach your neon sign to the wall without leaving holes.
- Take the strip apart and click it together.
- Take one liner out and stick it to the acrylic back.
- Peel off the excess liner, and stick your neon sign to the wall.
- Remove the neon sign from your wall and press each piece firmly.
- Wait for 1 hour before you realign your neon sign to
2. HANGING WIRES
CandyNeon’s hanging cables don’t require drilling. As mentioned in the hanging wires section, simply pass the wires through holes in the acrylic board to hang your neon sign as you,, please.
HOW TO HIDE NON-SIGN WIRES?
CandyNeon neon signs come with a 1.5m of plug adapter (1.5m clear cable) and 2m clear cable. These are necessary to power the neon sign. Two methods can be used to conceal the wires.
1. BUYING A NEO SIGN WITH COLORED ACRYLIC BOARD
CandyNeon offers acrylic boards in white, silver, gold mirror, and gold mirror colors. Colored acrylic boards allow you to hide the wires.
2. HARD-WIRING A CABLE INTO THE WALL
You will need an electrician if you plan to hard-wire the cable to the wall. By doing so, you won’t be able to control the light on/off/brightness/flashing with a remote, as the led controller won’t respond to the remote through the wall. The electrician could still connect the neon sign to a light switch, allowing you to turn on/off your lights.
HOW DO YOU USE A NEONLED SIGN & CONTROL WITH A REMOTE?
After you’ve installed your neon sign, connect it to power.
1. Check that there are batteries in your remote.
2. Connect one end of the led controller to a clear cable.
3. Connect the other side to the adapter
4. Control light on/off/brightness/flashing by remote.
It doesn’t matter which option you choose for installation, it’s extremely easy to use. You don’t have to worry about neon sign installation is difficult. The product is already in your possession so you can easily install it as you,, please. The instructions given are only suggestions. Many of our customers simply use the supplied accessories and install them as they see fit.